Tell us how when and what led to the founding of Sprints?
Sprints was founded in 2019 with the goal of bridging the tech talent gap. Starting from assessing the talent, delivering an individualized learning journey, guaranteeing a top-paying job, supporting our alumni’s career growth, and building high-end tech squads for employers, we cover that whole spectrum.
It says Sprints is the first of its kind that offers guaranteed hiring programmes where graduates only pay upon successful hiring; what gave you this idea?
One of our mission statements in Sprints is social inclusion. We believe that learning should be available to any enthusiastic learner even if they cannot afford the tuition fees.
How has the Egyptian market responded to what you are offering?
Our business idea has met with unprecedented success in the Egyptian market; it has enabled tens of thousands of young people to join the labor force in the field of technology with an innovative payment method to give an equal opportunity to those who deserve financial support.
What do you think led you to making it to Africa’s Business Heroes Top 10?
Africa’s Business Heroes’ mission is to showcase and grow African leaders who are creating a positive impact in their communities and beyond and inspire a movement of African entrepreneurship. At Sprints, we are proud and honored to be part of this prestigious competition, as we share common goals and values with ABH; We aspire to create a positive, sustainable impact in Africa by solving crucial problems in our local community, which in our case we are doing by providing learning for employability; while demonstrating core values such as resilience, innovation and leadership.
What are some of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs in your country and what do you think needs to be done to address them?
There are several challenges faced by entrepreneurs in our country and these are as follows:
- Limited Access to Funding: Securing adequate funding is a major hurdle for entrepreneurs in Egypt, as such scaling and expansion plans are hardly deployed.
- Lack of Entrepreneurial Education and Support: There is a need for more comprehensive entrepreneurial education and support programs that equip aspiring entrepreneurs with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed.
- Devaluation: The continuous waves of devaluations that Egypt faced decreased the purchasing power of the Egyptians due to the huge increases in the prices of almost everything. Also, international transactions are very costly.
To address these challenges, several steps can be taken and these are some of them:
- Every startup should focus on increasing their exports and decreasing their imports as much as possible. and to buy and support local suppliers to decrease imports
- Improved Access to Funding: Encouraging the establishment of more venture capital firms, angel investor networks, and alternative financing options can help provide entrepreneurs with the necessary capital.
- Entrepreneurship Education and Support: Investing in entrepreneurship education programs, incubators, and accelerators can equip entrepreneurs with the skills, knowledge, and networks needed to succeed.
What do you think about initiatives such as ABH and their impact on Africa’s entrepreneurship journey?
Initiatives such as ABH provide a great opportunity for the African entrepreneurial ecosystem to flourish and blossom by creating a sense of competitiveness between various great ideas and entrepreneurs, this fosters more and more entrepreneurs to take challenges and start their journey. Needless to mention the grand prize will be of great benefit to the winner to scale his/her startup. And finally, the media coverage and buzz created by ABH helps to spread awareness about various innovative startups which will benefit them.
Any advice to other start-ups and entrepreneurs?
Here is some general advice for startups and entrepreneurs:
- . Build a Strong Network: Surround yourself with a supportive network of mentors, advisors, and fellow entrepreneurs. Their guidance, expertise, and connections can be invaluable as you navigate the challenges of starting and growing a business.
- . Embrace Adaptability: Be open to change and ready to adapt your strategies as you gain insights and feedback. The ability to pivot and adjust your approach is crucial for success in a dynamic business environment.
- . Persevere and Stay Resilient: Entrepreneurship is a journey filled with ups and downs. Stay persistent, embrace challenges as learning opportunities, and maintain a resilient mindset to overcome obstacles along the way.