ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Peace talks between Iran and the United States could resume soon in Pakistan, where Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi was expected to arrive on Friday night, three Pakistani sources said.
Two of the sources, from the Pakistani government, said a U.S. logistics and security team was already in place for potential talks.
There was no immediate direct response from Washington or Tehran to the report, but U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, speaking around the same time, told a briefing that Iran had a chance to make a “good deal” with the United States.
The last round of peace talks had been expected on Tuesday but never took place, with Iran saying it was not yet ready to commit to attending and a U.S. delegation led by Vice President JD Vance never leaving Washington.
President Donald Trump unilaterally extended a two-week ceasefire on Tuesday at the 11th hour to allow more time to reconvene the negotiators.
On Thursday, Israel and Lebanon extended a separate ceasefire for three weeks at a meeting at the White House brokered by Trump. Iran considers maintaining the ceasefire in Lebanon a precondition for talks with the United States on the wider war.










